- Type of dish: Dinner
- Equipment: Saute pan or skillet, pan with lid
- Servings: Makes 2 servings
- two 6-8 oz cod fillets
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 TB traditional fat of choice
- 1 cup chopped red onion (about half a large onion)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 TB minced ginger
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 2 tsp coriander seeds, freshly ground in mortar and pestle or spice grinder–If you don’t have them, use ground coriander. *NOTE: If you have extra time you can dry roast the coriander seeds in a dry skillet over medium-high heat for 1 minute before grinding them. This is just extra credit to experiment with.
- 1 TB freshly squeezed lime juice
- optional: 2 TB minced fresh cilantro
- Prepare the sauce: In a saute pan, heat 1 TB of your fat of choice over medium-low heat.
- Add the onion and gently cook it for 5 minutes. Add the ginger and cook for about 3 minutes more.
- Stir in the garlic. Let it all cook together for 1 minute.
- Add the red bell pepper and the coriander. Cook until the red bell pepper is fully softened, about 10 minutes or so.
- Season the cod with salt and pepper. Lay the cod fillets into a pan or skillet. Cover with water and add a bay leaf in if you have one handy (optional).
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cover the pan.
- Allow the cod to simmer for 8 minutes. They should be fork tender. Remove them with slotted spoon or spatula.
- When the red bell pepper sauce is cooked through, turn off the heat and stir in the lime juice.
- Plate up the cod fillets and divide the sauce between the two plates. Sprinkle freshly minced cilantro on top, if desired.
Like what you see? Join more than 30,000
others and subscribe for email updates.
I hate spam too. Your email is safe with me.
Follow Chris Online:
Discover your own ideal diet & end confusion about what to eat forever.Learn More
Boost fertility naturally & promote lifelong health for you & your baby.Learn More
Personalized online portal with easy-to-use tools, expert advice, and the support of a passionate, intelligent community.Learn More