If you can’t tolerate grain or nut flours, this recent addition to the Meal Plan Generator is for you. Made with savory plantain flour, these pancakes are a perfect complement to an array of yummy toppings like berries and fresh fermented cream. You can buy plantain flour online if you can’t find it locally or even make it yourself!
Type of dish: Breakfast
Servings: Makes 2 servings
- 1 cup plantain flour (buy online or locally if possible, or make from scratch with green plantains)
- 2 small eggs, beaten
- 3/4 to 1 cup milk (raw, goat, almond, etc.)
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- coconut oil (for cooking)
- butter, berries, fermented cream, coconut milk/cream, etc. for toppings
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and sea salt. Mix well.
- Add the eggs and milk. Stir well until fully incorporated into a batter.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Drop the batter in, using about 1/4 cup batter per pancake. Use the back of a spoon to shape batter into circles, if necessary. A good tip is to make pancakes in batches rather than crowding the pan too much at one time.
- Once both sides are browned, use spatula to remove pancakes. Top with butter, berries, fermented cream, coconut milk/cream, or your other toppings of choice.
Note: I earn a small commission if you use the links in this article to purchase the products I mentioned. I only recommend products I would use myself or that I use with patients in my practice. Your purchase helps support this site and my ongoing research.
Like what you see? Join more than 30,000
others and subscribe for email updates.
I hate spam too. Your email is safe with me.
Follow Chris Online:
Discover your own ideal diet & end confusion about what to eat forever.Learn More
Boost fertility naturally & promote lifelong health for you & your baby.Learn More
Personalized online portal with easy-to-use tools, expert advice, and the support of a passionate, intelligent community.Learn More