I just wanted to take a moment to welcome readers from Mark’s Daily Apple.
Let’s get logistics out of the way first: if you like what you see here, you can sign up for email updates, subscribe to my RSS feed, or follow me on Facebook and Twitter. I regularly post stuff on Facebook and Twitter that doesn’t make it to the blog, so that’s a good option if you’re a health information junkie.
If you came over for a look at my series on hypothyroidism, here’s a list of the articles I’ve written so far:
- The Most Important Thing You May Not Know About Hypothyroidism
- Three Reasons Why Your Thyroid Medication Isn’t Working
- Iodine For Hypothyroidism: Like Gasoline on a Fire?
- 5 Thyroid Patterns That Won’t Show Up on Standard Lab Tests
It’s a work in progress and I’ll be writing several more articles in the future on how to properly diagnose and treat thyroid disorders. Topics will include:
- Why there’s no “one size fits all” when it comes to thyroid medications
- How to address the autoimmune component of thyroid disease
- The connection between gluten intolerance and Hashimoto’s
- The gut-thyroid connection
- The best diet for thyroid health (hint: it’s primal!)
You might have seen Mark’s recent article on acupuncture. Although it’s commonly believed in the West that acupuncture is based on mysterious energy called qi flowing through invisible lines called meridians, it turns out that idea is based on blatant mistranslations of ancient Chinese medical texts. When these texts are correctly translated, it becomes clear that acupuncture is not a “woo-woo” energy healing technique, but a complete “flesh and bones” system of medicine based on the same anatomy and physiology as western medicine. You can read all about it here.
And here are a few other special reports to check out:
- Heart disease & cholesterol: debunks the myth that cholesterol and saturated fat cause heart disease, and explains how to treat heart disease without drugs
- Statins: exposes the ineffectiveness and dangers of statin drugs
- GERD/heartburn: presents evidence that heartburn & GERD are caused by too little – not too much – stomach acid, and that GERD can be effectively treated with a low carb diet and a few affordable supplements
- EFAs, fish & fish oil: cuts through the confusion and hype about essential fatty acids, fish and fish oil and offers clear guidelines to achieving a healthy fatty acid balance
- Depression: challenges the theory that depression is exclusively caused by a biochemical imbalance, reveals evidence that antidepressants have serious risks and are no more effective than placebo in most cases, and outlines a clear plan for treating depression without drugs
I hope the information here helps you and those you love live healthier and happier lives. Once again, welcome to The Healthy Skeptic!
Like what you see? Join more than 40,000
others and subscribe for email updates.
I hate spam too. Your email is safe with me.
Follow Chris Online:
Boost fertility naturally & promote lifelong health for you & your baby.Learn More
Personalized online portal with easy-to-use tools, expert advice, and the support of a passionate, intelligent community.Learn More
Learn exactly what to do (or not do) about high cholesterol.Learn More