In This eBook You’ll Learn
- Why we need health coaches now more than ever
- How fast health coaching is growing as a profession
- The career opportunities that are out there
- Where you could work as a health coach
- Your next big step to get started on this career path
Now Is the Time to Build Your Career as a Health Coach
There’s no better time than now to build a health coaching career. The health and wellness industry is booming, and the career options for a health coach are incredibly diverse. Health coaching has grown to a $6 billion market in the United States, and more than 100,000 people are part of the profession. They’re working full time at hospitals, Functional Medicine clinics, and concierge practices; they’re part of corporate wellness teams; and they’re running their own private practices. Are you ready to join them?
Why We Need Health Coaches
The chronic disease epidemic is spreading, and we need health coaches to fight it.
- Six in 10 Americans have a chronic disease
- Four in 10 have multiple long-term illnesses
- Chronic disease is the number-one cause of death in the nation
- One-quarter of American kids are suffering from a chronic health condition
The conventional medical model has failed to stop this epidemic, but health coaches are positioned to succeed. Health coaches are trained to support people as they make healthier lifestyle choices and change their habits. Coaches aren’t focused on treating the symptoms of an illness—they work to address the root cause by encouraging behavior change.
Millions of people across the globe are currently suffering from chronic health problems, and countless others are trying to make difficult changes to prevent them from occurring. Those people need you—and they’re not the only ones.
Why a Health Coach Career Is Full of Potential
Health coaches don’t just appeal to people who are looking for support to help them deal with a chronic illness. Private businesses, insurers, and government agencies are also investing in health coaching as a way to improve health and cut down on medical care costs.
Health coaching is effective and cost saving, and the field is growing:
- It’s now a $6 billion market in the United States
- It’s been among the top 20 fitness trends since 2010
- The job outlook for health educators is expected to grow by 16 percent by 2026; that’s much faster than average job growth in the nation
- 66 percent of people are aware of health coaching
- More than 100,000 health coaches are working in America
Where You Can Work as a Health Coach
A career in health coaching means you could work in a variety of settings and in a variety of formats. You could build your career by:
- Running your own private coaching business
- Working as part of a clinic or hospital
- Working full time in a corporate setting
- Creating your own hybrid health coaching career path
Health coaching is a growing field, and it’s the perfect opportunity to try new things and build your own future. The real question is, where do you see yourself working as a health coach?
Learn More about Your Career Prospects as a Health Coach
In this eBook, we’ll go in depth into the current trends in the health and wellness industry, the enormous potential health coaching has as a career choice, and the different career options available to coaches. We’ll also go over the next step you should take to begin your health coaching career.