My book will be published in a little under three months. I’m getting really excited!
I’ll be doing a live book tour in January and early February. I’m currently planning to hit the following cities:
- San Francisco Bay Area (SF, Berkeley, Santa Cruz)
- Los Angeles
- San Diego
- New York City
- Washington DC
I chose these cities by cross-referencing my email list, Facebook and Twitter followers, and the size of the Paleo community in each place. If I had unlimited time, and I didn’t have a family, private practice or other obligations, I’d visit several other cities as well. Alas, I had to limit the tour to 10-11 cities and these are the ones I’ve chosen.
My plan is to do 2–3 events in each city. These could include:
- A ticketed event (i.e. pot-luck or catered dinner) with a book signing and presentation on a particular topic from the book, and time for socialization.
- A signing at a bookstore, perhaps with appetizers and beverages from a local Paleo food company, and “goodie bags” for people to take home. I’d give a short talk and perhaps do a giveaway as well.
- A workshop at a Crossfit gym or doctor’s office. A 2-hour or perhaps half-day workshop on more advanced topics, along with a book signing and some food.
We’re seeking volunteers in each city that would be willing to help make the tour a success. I’d be grateful for any help you’re willing to offer, but we’re specifically looking for assistance with:
- Outreach: getting the word out into the local community to draw as many people as possible to the events.
- Set-up and break down: helping with set-up and clean-up at the ticketed events and workshops.
- Event planning: help organizing the events, managing other volunteers, etc.
- Sponsorship or sponsor solicitation: I’m looking for Paleo food/beverage/snack companies that are willing to sponsor the events (i.e. donate product) in exchange for some great free publicity.
I sent an email out a few weeks ago asking for help like this, and got some great responses. If you already offered to help, there’s no need to fill out the form again.
We’re casting a wider net to get more people involved. The more folks we have working together, the more fun and successful these events will be. We can use more help everywhere, but in particular, we’re short of volunteers in California (SF Bay Area, LA, San Diego), New York City, and Boston.
And yes, there will be some special benefits for volunteers…
If you’d like to help out, please fill out this form.
Thanks for your continued support!