Are you ready to add the power of functional medicine and ancestral nutrition to your practice? Attract new patients, make a great living and learn the most effective diagnostic and treatment protocols for preventing and reversing chronic illness.
One of the most difficult parts of my work as a clinician is turning people away. As many of you know, my practice has been closed to new patients for the better part of the past three years, with the exception of brief periods of open enrollment.
What’s more, I get emails, blog comments, and social media comments on a daily basis from readers and listeners asking where they can find clinicians who have a similar approach to the one I share on my blog and podcast.
The Demand for Well-Trained, Functional/Ancestral Practitioners is Growing Exponentially
These experiences have made it clear that the demand for clinicians who practice functional medicine from an evolutionary/ancestral practice is far higher than the supply. And although I can (and will) continue to train clinicians in a one-on-one apprenticeship format in the clinic, there is a hard limit to the number of people I can train that way.
I’ve known for some time, therefore, that my next step would be to launch a virtual clinician training program that would allow me to eventually train hundreds—rather than one or two—clinicians each year. But how would I go about it? How would I create and deliver the training in a way that ensures participants get everything they need to start and manage a successful functional medicine practice?
Want to change the world with functional medicine? My clinician training program is coming soon!
I’ve spent the last eighteen months thinking, planning and preparing. Frankly, it has been a much bigger challenge than anything I’ve done so far. It took me about six months to write my book, but when all is said and done, developing and launching this clinician training program will have been a two-year endeavor.
Sneak Preview of My Upcoming Program
Though I can’t yet give you all of the details, I’m confident that you’ll feel it was worth the wait! I am more excited about this than anything I’ve ever done in my professional life. I get almost giddy when I think of creating an ever-growing tribe of clinicians equipped to transform the lives of hundreds of thousands of people across the globe.
Here’s what I can tell you about the training so far. It will give you everything you need to:
- Achieve dramatic results and transform the health and lives of your patients.
- Attract new patients and retain the ones you already have.
- Tap into the explosive (and largely unmet) demand for clinicians who practice functional medicine from an evolutionary/ancestral perspective.
- Build credibility and authority as an expert in functional medicine and ancestral health in your community.
- Stay inspired and engaged in your work and avoid burnout.
- Earn a great living while contributing to a healthier, happier, and wealthier world.
Heard enough? You can sign up here to receive updates on the training program and be among the first to be notified when it launches. Otherwise, read on to learn more!
Who is This Training Best For?
As many of you know, there are some other options out there for training in functional medicine. So how do you know if my training will be the right fit for you? Take a look below. If you feel like these statements describe you and what you are looking for, then I’m confident it will be the best choice for your professional development.
- You feel that practical application is as important or more important than just “book learning.” Some programs are long on information, but short on developing the skills you need to put that information into practice. My training will employ a case-based learning model (similar to what is used at Harvard Medical School) to ensure that you can take what you’ve learned and apply it with real-world patients in your clinic at the end of the program.
- You are looking for a strong foundation in functional medicine, but also want training that integrates Paleo/ancestral nutrition and lifestyle expertise. Right now, there are training programs for functional medicine, and there are training programs for Paleo/ancestral nutrition and lifestyle, but there is not a single program that covers both. Why is this important? Because it is the combination of these two perspectives that leads to the most powerful and long-lasting results.
- You want more than just a wide range of topics, you want a system—a model that focuses on the clinical skills most crucial to success. One of the hardest things about practicing functional medicine is knowing where to start, what is most important, and how to layer and structure a treatment. Some training programs seek to provide a very wide range of information, almost like a university model. My program won’t do that. Instead, it will teach you a specific model that I have developed for practicing functional medicine that has transformed the lives of hundreds of patients and created nearly insatiable demand.
- You want to walk away knowing how to set up and run a successful functional medicine practice. You could be the most skilled clinician in the world, but if you don’t know how to set up and manage a functional medicine practice—which is fundamentally different than managing a conventional practice—you will not get very far. Unfortunately these absolutely essential skills are often given short shrift in other programs.
- The idea of a virtual apprenticeship that offers you a “practice in a box” appeals to you. It has taken me more than ten years and thousands of dollars to develop and refine my approach as a clinician and owner of a successful practice. But as a participant in this program, you won’t have to go through that arduous, expensive, and often painful process. I’ll provide you with everything you need to have a life-changing and wildly successful private practice, from over 50 professionally designed patient handouts, to more than 20 protocol and quick-reference “cheat sheets” for clinicians, to the legal documents, patient procedures, and back-end systems and tools we use in our clinic. There is simply no other training program out there that provides this kind of “soup-to-nuts” solution.
As far as a timeline, I am shooting for the fall of this year or early next year as a launch date. I will do my very best to make that happen, but I know you understand that ensuring the highest possible quality is more important than the exact launch date.
This will be a virtual training. It will involve a combination of passive learning (video, audio, and written materials), and webinar/Q&A sessions, and thus it will be open to people all over the world.
I know that many of you need to plan in advance for trainings like this, so I wanted to at least sketch a rough outline of what I will offer so you can take it into consideration. I will report back here with another substantial update in a few months.
One more thing. I will likely accept a limited number of students the first time I offer the training. If you think you might want to be part of this “founder’s group”, please sign up for my separate clinician training email list. This is the list I’ll be primarily using for announcements and updates on the training program, and people on this list will be given the first opportunity to register when the training goes live.
Okay, that’s it for now. I’m really excited for this and I hope you are too! Let me know what you think in the comments section. And feel free to ask questions, though I can’t guarantee I’ll be able to answer them yet. 🙂
Like what you’ve read? Sign up for FREE updates delivered to your inbox.I hate spam too. Your email is safe with me.