The Truth About Red Meat
Over the past two decades, red meat has been increasingly blamed for everything from heart disease to cancer. Newspapers and magazines love to plaster alarmist headlines about red meat across their front pages, but as you might suspect if you’ve been reading this blog for any length of time, these claims are ill founded and misleading. In fact, an impartial review of the evidence indicates that red meat is one of the healthiest foods you can eat.
Read the following articles to learn why red meat is actually an extremely healthy and nutrient-dense choice:
- Red Meat: It Does a Body Good!
- Where’s the Beef?
- Why Grass-Fed Trumps Grain-Fed
- Red Meat is Still Not Bad For You, But Shoddy Research and Clueless Media Are
- RHR: Does Red Meat Increase Your Risk of Death?
- Will Eating a Paleo Diet Cause Gout?
- Grass-fed vs. Conventional Meat: It’s Not Black or White
- CLA: Can Some Trans Fats Be Healthy?
- Does Red Meat Cause Inflammation?
- Red Meat and TMAO: Cause for Concern, or Another Red Herring?
- The Real Environmental Impact of Red Meat: Part 1 and Part 2
- Robb Wolf: Red Meat: Part Of A Healthy Diet?
- Denise Minger: Will Eating Red Meat Kill You?
- Diane Sanfilippo: Meet Your Meat
- Chris Masterjohn: Will Eating Meat Make Us Die Younger?
- Mark Sisson: Does Eating Red Meat Increase Type 2 Diabetes Risk?
Great recipes featuring red meat
- Beef Stew
- Traditional Korean Birthday Soup
- Beef Rendang
- Lamb Korma
- Oven-Braised Mexican Beef
- Crockpot Braised Beef Shanks
- Greek Meatballs