I was interviewed last week on Joanne Unleashed about the recent series of articles I wrote on heartburn and GERD. We cover the following subjects:
- Why acids leave the stomach and enter the esophagus
- The harmful effects of taking antacids and acid stopping drugs
- How antacids perpetuate heartburn and actually make it worse over time
- The role of stomach acid in digestion
- The bacterial component in acid reflux
- Why you get gas and belch
- Which nutritional deficiencies are common with acid reflux
- The association between acid reflux and IBS, Crohn’s, and other intestinal diseases
- Which inexpensive supplement will help reduce indigestion
- Which foods cause heartburn
- Which foods you should eat to heal the gut
Click here to listen to the MP3 file, or right-click to download it.
Like what you’ve read? Sign up for FREE updates delivered to your inbox.