Type of dish: Side Dish
Equipment: Pot with steamer basket and lid, sauté pan
Servings: Makes 4 servings.
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds asparagus, washed, tough bottom parts broken off, and sliced into one-inch pieces
- 1 TB traditional fat of choice
- 5 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced or roughly chopped
- juice of one lemon
- salt to taste
- Steam asparagus in covered pot with steamer basket, with one to two” of boiling water, until bright green, about 5 minutes.
- Remove asparagus from heat and drain any excess water.
- In a sauté pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for one minute, stirring.
- Add the almonds and toast lightly, stirring for about another minute.
- Remove pot from heat and add in the steamed asparagus. Stir well.
- Finally squeeze in the juice of the lemon and salt to taste. Serve.
Like what you’ve read? Sign up for FREE updates delivered to your inbox.I hate spam too. Your email is safe with me.