Need a sweetener-free dessert for Thanksgiving? This easy, delicious recipe is sure to please!
Type of dish: Dessert
Equipment: Oven-safe pan or skillet
Servings: Makes 4 servings.
- 4 crisp apples
- 4 TB butter
- ground nutmeg (about 1/4 tsp or more to taste)
- ground cinnamon (about 1/2 to 1 TB)
- 6 whole cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Peel apples and cut them in half. Remove the cores with a knife.
- Break the butter into pieces. Arrange the apple halves in an oven safe baking dish and top with butter.
- Sprinkle with the ground spices and whole cloves.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove the pan and baste the apples with the sauce every 15 minutes.
- Discard the cloves and serve hot covered with the butter sauce.
Enjoy, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Better supplementation. Fewer supplements.
Close the nutrient gap to feel and perform your best.
A daily stack of supplements designed to meet your most critical needs.
These were so yummy! Made them last night and drizzled some warmed up coconut milk mixed with vanilla bean paste over them.
Looks nice and simple. Will give them a try this weekend
These look yummy. . .great fall treat!