- ½ lb of prawns, fresh or thawed (we used fifteen size large 26/30 shrimp)
- 2 TB olive oil or fat of choice
- 1/8 tsp spicy red chili flakes (more, less, or omit to taste)
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced – for large cloves cut in half lengthwise before slicing
- Spanish paprika
- 2 to 3 TB fresh chopped parsley
- ½ lemon
- Heat the oil or fat in a skillet to medium heat. Add the chili flakes and allow to flavor the oil for one minute.
- Add the garlic and then place the shrimp in a single layer in the pan. Cook the shrimp for 3 minutes total (1 to 2 minutes per side). Halfway through, use tongs to flip shrimp and stir around garlic.
- When shrimp has turned pink, remove them from the skillet to a plate, and spoon the garlic and chile flavored oil over them.
- To garnish, squeeze a half lemon over the shrimp. Sprinkle paprika and then parsley over the top, and serve.
Like what you’ve read? Sign up for FREE updates delivered to your inbox.I hate spam too. Your email is safe with me.