Enjoy this easy, delicious snack – perfect for bringing to work or part of a nice breakfast.
Type of dish: Snack
Equipment: Food processor, pot with lid
Servings: Makes 1-2 servings.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- 1 large or 2 small cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 TB pine nuts, lightly toasted or raw
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt to taste -about 1/8 to 1/4 tsp
- a few grinds black pepper
- Hard boil the eggs. Bring a pot of water to a simmer. Use enough water so that the eggs will be fully covered by a couple of inches once they are added.
- When the water comes to a simmer, gently lower the eggs into the water using a large spoon or ladle.
- Cover, and reduce the heat to low to maintain a very low simmer. Let eggs cook like this for 12 minutes. Avoid over-cooking the egg, which will result in a dark ring around the yolk.
- Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and place them into a bowl of cold water. Once cooled, peel off their shell.
- Meanwhile, make the pesto. Place the basil, garlic, pine nuts, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Pulse for a few seconds to create a chunky mixture.
- Add the olive oil 1 TB at a time to create a more fluid mixture.
- Plate the eggs and spoon the pesto around or on top of the eggs.
Better supplementation. Fewer supplements.
Close the nutrient gap to feel and perform your best.
A daily stack of supplements designed to meet your most critical needs.