Need a tasty way to include liver in your diet? Higado Encebollado is a traditional Mexican dish.
Type of dish: Entree, Breakfast
Servings: Makes 2 to 4 servings
- 3/4 pound beef liver, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, halved and sliced thin
- 1 1/2 tsp lard or traditional fat of choice
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- pinch dried rosemary
- roughly chopped cilantro and sliced avocado for garnish
- Heat the lard in a large skillet or pot.
- Add onion and cook over medium high heat, stirring, until onion is softened.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in oregano and rosemary.
- Lay the liver slices on top of the onions and cover pot. Let cook for 3 minutes.
- Flip the liver slices and this time place them on the pan bottom, covering with the onions. Cover and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Stir onions and flip liver one last time, cover and cook for a final 3 minutes.
- Check to see if it’s done by slicing one liver in half. It is done if there is no more blood.
- Serve sprinkled with cilantro on top and avocado on the side.
Better supplementation. Fewer supplements.
Close the nutrient gap to feel and perform your best.
A daily stack of supplements designed to meet your most critical needs.