Try making this restaurant favorite at home!
Type of dish: Side Dish, Dressing, Salad
Servings: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 3 oz raspberries (about 15 berries)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ TB balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp dijon mustard or mustard powder
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 8 cups mixed salad greens, such as arugula, spinach or lamb’s quarters, etc.
- ½ cup or more toasted and crumbled pecans or walnuts (or substitute crispy, cooked bacon)
- any other vegetables or salad toppings you’d like to add–we like shredded carrots and quartered hard boiled eggs
- To make the dressing, blend the raspberries, balsamic vinegar, and mustard in a blender (we like the Magic Bullet for this).
- Spoon the mixture from the blender into a small mixing bowl. Whisk in the olive oil, and finally mix in the thyme leaves.
- In a large salad bowl, toss your greens and nuts (or bacon pieces) with any other salad ingredients you want to include.
- Dress the salad with the dressing and serve.