In this episode of Revolution Health Radio, Dr. Kara Fitzgerald, author of Younger You, sits down with Chris Kresser to discuss the results of her landmark study on methylation and anti-aging. Understanding the impact that methylation has and diet behavior and lifestyle inputs that affect methylation is one of the keys to extending our health span and making sure that we age in a graceful way and really can enjoy our health and well-being as we get older.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why discussing aging is so important
- What methylation is and why it matters
- How toxin exposure impacts epigenetics and changes in the body and health
- Dr. Kara Fitzgerald’s study as a multifaceted holistic approach to anti-aging and the results
- Where to learn more about the 3 Years Younger program
- A little background on genes and genetic expression
- The translation of emotional experience to physiological illness
- Dr. Kara Fitzgerald’s 3 Years Younger program
- Younger You: Reduce Your Bio Age and Live Longer, Better by Dr. Kara Fitzgerald
- New Frontiers in Functional Medicine podcast
- The Dutch Hunger Winter and the developmental origins of health and disease by Laura C. Schultz
- “Gene Whispering with Dr. Moshe Szyf”: podcast episode
- “Understanding Genetics of Aging with Harvard Professor Dr. David Sinclair”: podcast episode
- Start your Functional Medicine training this spring. Get on the interest list at Kresser.co/PTP
This episode of Revolution Health Radio is sponsored by HigherDose and Paleovalley.
As a member of our community, HigherDOSE has a very special offer for you. Go to Kresser.co/HigherDose use code: KRESSER15 at check out to save 15% off site-wide.
Paleovalley is also offering our listeners an exclusive offer. Head over to Paleovalley.com/Chris and use the code KRESSER15 to get 15% off order.