Type of dish: Condiment, Fundamentals, Dips
Servings: makes about 1 1/2 cups
Oven Temp: 350°F (180°C/Gas 4)
Equipment: roasting pan, food processor
- 2 cups almonds, soaked overnight
- sea salt to taste
- celery stalks as desired
- carrots, peeled and cut in sticks
- 1 TB honey, (optional)
- Preheat oven.
- After soaking, pat almonds dry with a kitchen towel.
- Place in a roasting pan and roast for 10 to 12 minutes making sure not to let burn.
- Add almonds to food processor and process to a smooth paste.
- Add salt to taste and optional honey.
- Arrange in a bowl on a plate surrounded by raw vegetables of choice.
*Note: this recipe is much easier to make in bulk, so think about quadrupling the ingredients.