Freshly roasted almonds break down into nut butter faster than raw almonds. If possible, soak raw almonds overnight before roasting.
This post is sponsored by the Paleo Recipe Generator, which features over 700 Paleo recipes personalized to meet your unique needs.
Type of dish: Condiment, Fundamentals, Dips
Servings: makes about 1 1/2 cups
Oven Temp: 350°F (180°C/Gas 4)
Equipment: roasting pan, food processor
- 2 cups almonds, soaked overnight
- sea salt to taste
- celery stalks as desired
- carrots, peeled and cut in sticks
- 1 TB honey, (optional)
- Preheat oven.
- After soaking, pat almonds dry with a kitchen towel.
- Place in a roasting pan and roast for 10 to 12 minutes making sure not to let burn.
- Add almonds to food processor and process to a smooth paste.
- Add salt to taste and optional honey.
- Arrange in a bowl on a plate surrounded by raw vegetables of choice.
*Note: this recipe is much easier to make in bulk, so think about quadrupling the ingredients.