This post is sponsored by the Paleo Recipe Generator, which features over 700 Paleo recipes personalized to meet your unique needs.
Type of dish: condiment
Servings: about 3/4 cup
Equipment: frying pan, blender, glass jar
- 2 to 4 serrano peppers (or more)
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 TB lemongrass, crushed and chopped
- 4 TB cilantro, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp shrimp paste*
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- coconut oil as needed
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- In a frying pan over low heat toast cumin and coriander seeds for about 5 minutes and the let cool.
- Put all ingredients in a blender except coconut oil and pulse to blend in to a paste.
- If too thick add coconut oil to thin it out a bit.
- Store in a glass jar, refrigerated for up to 3 to 4 months.
For more recipes like this, and meal plans that can be customized just for you, check out the Paleo Recipe Generator.
*Any Asian shrimp paste will do, just make sure to check the label. Sugar is often added.