Type of dish: condiment
Servings: about 3/4 cup
Equipment: frying pan, blender, glass jar
- 2 to 4 serrano peppers (or more)
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 TB lemongrass, crushed and chopped
- 4 TB cilantro, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp shrimp paste*
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- coconut oil as needed
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- In a frying pan over low heat toast cumin and coriander seeds for about 5 minutes and the let cool.
- Put all ingredients in a blender except coconut oil and pulse to blend in to a paste.
- If too thick add coconut oil to thin it out a bit.
- Store in a glass jar, refrigerated for up to 3 to 4 months.
*Any Asian shrimp paste will do, just make sure to check the label. Sugar is often added.
Better supplementation. Fewer supplements.
Close the nutrient gap to feel and perform your best.
A daily stack of supplements designed to meet your most critical needs.
Nice recipe .I like this types of simple recipe items that helps save my time. I will go to make Simple Thai Green Curry Paste at noon
Yeah, it is nice to be able to make your chilli spices to be just the right level of heat for you.
If one has a shellfish allergy can anything be subbed for the shrimp paste or is the flavor still ok if you just leave it out?