Type of dish: Side Dish
Equipment: Large skillet
Servings: Serves 2
- 1 large, 2 medium, or 3 very small fennel bulbs
- 2 TB traditional fat of choice
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 TB freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- Cut the stalks and fronds from the fennel, leaving only the bulb or bulbs. Save the stalks and fronds for salads or garnish for side dishes or entrees.
- Wash the bulbs. Cut in half lengthwise, and for very small bulbs, cut in half again. For large bulbs, cut in half lengthwise and then cut each half in four wedges lengthwise. Don’t core the fennel; this will help it stay intact during the cooking process.
- Melt the fat in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the fennel to the skillet in one layer, and brown over medium heat for 8 minutes each side (or until each side is lightly browned).
- Add chicken stock and cover, reducing heat to medium-low and cooking for 15 minutes.
- Remove with tongs, shaking out excess liquid before plating. On a plate, spoon the lemon juice evenly over the fennel and sprinkle with fennel seeds.
Better supplementation. Fewer supplements.
Close the nutrient gap to feel and perform your best.
A daily stack of supplements designed to meet your most critical needs.