If you love garlic, you will love this soup! It’s the perfect addition to your favorite Fall recipes.
Equipment: 9 by 13″ (23 by 33 cm) baking dish, soup pot, blender or immersion blender
Oven Temp: 400°F/200°C/Gas 6
Servings: Serves 6
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large cauliflower, leaves, stem and core removed, broken into small pieces
- 1 head of garlic, whole, unpeeled
- 1 onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper
- Preheat oven.
- Cut just the very top off the head of garlic, but leaving head intact. Tuck the bulb in the corner of a baking dish (we will add cauliflower to the rest of the dish later). Place a TB of oil (coconut oil or lard, etc) on top of garlic. If the fat is not melted, you can balance the glob of fat right on top of the head of garlic as if it’s sitting on a little table. Or you can melt it to liquid state and pour it thoroughly over the garlic. Place the dish with garlic/oil in the preheated oven and set the timer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the roasting pan, and throw 2 TB of coconut oil/lard in the pan so it will melt when it hits the heat. Then add the cauliflower to it, and toss it together with a wooden spoon to avoid being burned by hot baking dish. Return the pan to the oven and set the timer for another 30 minutes. Give the cauliflower a stir halfway through to prevent it from drying out.
- Remove the pan and set the garlic bulb aside to cool.
- Heat the final 1 TB of oil in a large pot. Sauté the onion and celery until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the cooled roasted garlic cloves by popping them out of their skins. Try not to pop too many in your mouth as they can be very tempting.
- Add the cauliflower, garlic cloves, and two cups stock to the soup pot.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and purée with an immersion blender, or cool and transfer to a blender.
- Stir in salt, pepper, and thyme leaves, and serve.
Better supplementation. Fewer supplements.
Close the nutrient gap to feel and perform your best.
A daily stack of supplements designed to meet your most critical needs.