This post is sponsored by the Paleo Recipe Generator, which features over 700 Paleo recipes personalized to meet your unique needs.
Type of dish: Dessert
Equipment: Food Processor or Blender, Non-Reactive Pot
- 2½ cups sweet white wine
- 1 lb sweet cherries, pitted (recommended cherry cultivars are Bing, Ulster and Rainier)
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1½ cups sour cream
- honey to taste (optional)
- 1 TB kirsch (optional)
- cinnamon (to sprinkle)
- In a non-reactive pot bring wine to a boil, add pitted cherries, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Purée in a food processor or blender with lemon juice and then stir in sour cream.
- Add kirsch if desired and honey if you like it a bit sweeter.
- Chill thoroughly and then serve in soup bowls with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
For more recipes like this, and meal plans that can be customized just for you, check out the Paleo Recipe Generator.