Type of dish: Condiment, Sauces
Servings: Makes 2 cups
- ⅓ cup packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 TB traditional fat of choice
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 TB minced garlic
- 2 cups puréed tomatoes
- 1 TB Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Prepare the sun-dried tomatoes: If they were packed in oil, simply measure out 1/3 cup and then chop them on the cutting board. If they are dried, soak them just covered in water for 15 minutes to rehydrate. Then measure out 1/3 cup and chop them.
- In a pan or pot, heat the fat of choice over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped up sun-dried tomatoes, the puréed tomatoes and the Italian seasoning.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Serve chunky or purée with an immersion blender if you would like the sauce to be completely smooth.
Better supplementation. Fewer supplements.
Close the nutrient gap to feel and perform your best.
A daily stack of supplements designed to meet your most critical needs.
Simple but delicious, this looks amazing!