Don’t be shy with the Macadamia nuts, more is good. The addition of anise gives a slight licorice taste, but cinnamon can be used instead.
This post is sponsored by the Paleo Recipe Generator, which features over 700 Paleo recipes personalized to meet your unique needs.
Type of dish: Breakfast, Dessert
Oven Temp: 350°F (180°C/Gas 4)
Equipment: Ceramic Baking Dish
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 tart cooking apples, not peeled
- 1/3 cup or more chopped macadamia nuts
- ¼ tsp anise, crushed
- 2 TB butter, melted
- 2 TB honey
- Preheat oven.
- Core, slice apples and toss with crushed anise and salt.
- Arrange apples in baking dish in a fan shape.
- Pour over melted butter and honey.
- Sprinkle chopped macadamia nuts over apples.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve hot.
For more recipes like this, and meal plans that can be customized just for you, check out the Paleo Recipe Generator.