This classic Mexican dish, dating back to the Aztecs, is so versatile that it can be used as a dip, condiment or salad dressing.
This post is sponsored by the Paleo Recipe Generator, which features over 700 Paleo recipes personalized to meet your unique needs.
Type of dish: Condiment, Dressing, Dips
Servings: 2 Cups
Equipment: Large Mixing Bowl, Potato Masher
- 3 Haas avocados, halved, pit removed and pulp scooped out
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ onion, minced
- ½ jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 2 firm tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 TB cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced and mashed (optional)
- In a large bowl mix avocado pulp with lime juice, salt, garlic (if using) and then mash.
- Fold in onion, tomato, jalapeño pepper and cilantro.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container.
- Tip: to keep the guacamole from turning grey, place an avocado pit in the guacamole and cover with plastic film (the film must be in contact with the guacamole).
For more recipes like this, and meal plans that can be customized just for you, check out the Paleo Recipe Generator.