Type of dish: Condiment, Dressing, Dips
Servings: 2 Cups
Equipment: Large Mixing Bowl, Potato Masher
- 3 Haas avocados, halved, pit removed and pulp scooped out
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ onion, minced
- ½ jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 2 firm tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 TB cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced and mashed (optional)
- In a large bowl mix avocado pulp with lime juice, salt, garlic (if using) and then mash.
- Fold in onion, tomato, jalapeño pepper and cilantro.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container.
- Tip: to keep the guacamole from turning grey, place an avocado pit in the guacamole and cover with plastic film (the film must be in contact with the guacamole).