Type of dish: Salads
Equipment: Small Mixing Bowl, Large Salad Bowl
- one 14½ oz jar hearts of palm
- 1½ cups cooked shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2½ TB extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsps fresh lemon juice
- 1 large shallot, minced
- sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 TB cilantro, finely chopped
- enough salad greens to cover 3 plates
- In a bowl, mix together shrimp, olive oil, lemon juice, shallot, and cilantro, and set aside for ½ hour. Then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice hearts of palm into ½ inch (1½ cm) rounds.
- Arrange mixed greens on plates and top with hearts of palm and the shrimp mix.