Type of dish: Salads
Equipment: Small Mixing Bowl, Large Salad Bowl
- one 14½ oz jar hearts of palm
- 1½ cups cooked shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2½ TB extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsps fresh lemon juice
- 1 large shallot, minced
- sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 TB cilantro, finely chopped
- enough salad greens to cover 3 plates
- In a bowl, mix together shrimp, olive oil, lemon juice, shallot, and cilantro, and set aside for ½ hour. Then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice hearts of palm into ½ inch (1½ cm) rounds.
- Arrange mixed greens on plates and top with hearts of palm and the shrimp mix.
Better supplementation. Fewer supplements.
Close the nutrient gap to feel and perform your best.
A daily stack of supplements designed to meet your most critical needs.
Yum yum! I am salad lover and this looks delish! 🙂 🙂
Does anybody get sleepy AFTER their breakfast? Today I ate 1/2 Avocado, 1/4 apple, some trail mix, probiotic yogurt.
I am not overweight, don’t drink alcohol, don’t smoke ANYthing and exercise and work 7 days a week. Ergh. So frustrating.
Carole – Tried eating small amounts of protein in the AM? I had the same thing for years but usually after lunch. Also, how are your adrenals?
Wow, what a lovely, simple, appealing salad…perfect for a warm day! Thanks Chris:)
Honestly, maybe I’m just blessed with a fast metabolism, but I would have to eat 20 of these a day to feel half normal.
That looks fantastic! It’s also AIP friendly. I’m going to add some grilled pineapple on the side.