Hearts of palm, also known as the "millionaire's salad," has a taste similar to that of artichokes. Originally harvested by cutting down whole palm trees, they are now produced through sustainable cultivation and therefore readily available (and affordable). Buy them in glass jars labeled "cultivated."
This post is sponsored by the Paleo Recipe Generator, which features over 700 Paleo recipes personalized to meet your unique needs.
Type of dish: Salads
Equipment: Small Mixing Bowl, Large Salad Bowl
- one 14½ oz jar hearts of palm
- 1½ cups cooked shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2½ TB extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsps fresh lemon juice
- 1 large shallot, minced
- sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 TB cilantro, finely chopped
- enough salad greens to cover 3 plates
- In a bowl, mix together shrimp, olive oil, lemon juice, shallot, and cilantro, and set aside for ½ hour. Then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice hearts of palm into ½ inch (1½ cm) rounds.
- Arrange mixed greens on plates and top with hearts of palm and the shrimp mix.
For more recipes like this, and meal plans that can be customized just for you, check out the Paleo Recipe Generator.
Like what you’ve read? Sign up for FREE updates delivered to your inbox.I hate spam too. Your email is safe with me.