This post is sponsored by the Paleo Recipe Generator, which features over 700 Paleo recipes personalized to meet your unique needs.
This simply traditional appetizer can double as a snack anytime, and is perfect during the hot summer months.
Type of dish: Snack, Salad
Equipment: Knife and Cutting Board
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 1 ball mozzarella, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 packed cup fresh basil leaves
- good quality olive oil
- balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Layer the tomatoes and mozzarella in a staggered manner, like a row of dominoes that has fallen. Arrange them on the plate either in a circle or in a long line, with a basil leaf in between each.
- Whisk the olive oil and vinegar in a small bowl in a 3:1 or 4:1 ratio, for example, 3 TB of olive oil to 1 TB vinegar. Drizzle the dressing over the Caprese salad.
- Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper, and serve.
For more recipes like this, and meal plans that can be customized just for you, check out the Paleo Recipe Generator
Like what you’ve read? Sign up for FREE updates delivered to your inbox.I hate spam too. Your email is safe with me.