This post is sponsored by the Paleo Recipe Generator, which features over 700 Paleo recipes personalized to meet your unique needs.
This simply traditional appetizer can double as a snack anytime, and is perfect during the hot summer months.
Type of dish: Snack, Salad
Equipment: Knife and Cutting Board
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 1 ball mozzarella, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 packed cup fresh basil leaves
- good quality olive oil
- balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Layer the tomatoes and mozzarella in a staggered manner, like a row of dominoes that has fallen. Arrange them on the plate either in a circle or in a long line, with a basil leaf in between each.
- Whisk the olive oil and vinegar in a small bowl in a 3:1 or 4:1 ratio, for example, 3 TB of olive oil to 1 TB vinegar. Drizzle the dressing over the Caprese salad.
- Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper, and serve.
For more recipes like this, and meal plans that can be customized just for you, check out the Paleo Recipe Generator