This post is sponsored by the Paleo Recipe Generator, which features over 700 Paleo recipes personalized to meet your unique needs.
Type of dish: Condiment, Sauces, Dressing, Dips
Servings: About 2 Cups
Equipment: Roasting Pan, Food Processor
Oven Temp: Oven broiler on hottest temperature
- 10 tomatillos, husks removed
- 2 poblano peppers, cut into half, stemmed and seeded
- 2 jalapeño peppers (or more), cut into half, stemmed and seeded
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 4 garlic cloves with skin on
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- juice of 3 to 4 limes to taste
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat broiler.
- Place peppers cut side down with onions and tomatillos in a roasting pan and broil until peppers are slightly charred, about 10 minutes.
- After first 5 minutes add garlic in skins.
- Remove peppers from oven and let cool.
- Remove skin from garlic.
- Place garlic and onion in food processor and chop very finely.
- Cut tomatillos in half and add to processor with peppers, cilantro and cumin.
- Process to a a coarse paste.
- Add salt and lime juice to taste.
For more recipes like this, and meal plans that can be customized just for you, check out the Paleo Recipe Generator.