This post is sponsored by the Paleo Recipe Generator, which features over 700 Paleo recipes personalized to meet your unique needs.
A fast lunch or dinner meal, this dish can be served with fried sweet potatoes, or a simple green salad.
Type of dish: Lunch, Dinner
Equipment: Stove top grill or sauté pan
Servings: Serves 2
For the Fajita Spiced Peppers:
- 3 bell peppers of assorted colors, seeded and cored
- 1 ½ TB traditional fat of choice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp cayenne
For the Sirloin Steak:
- two 8 oz sirloin steaks, about 2 ½
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- black pepper
- cilantro leaves for garnish
The Fajita Spiced Peppers:
- Slice the bell peppers into ¼” thick slices
- Heat the fat in a skillet over medium heat
- Add the bell pepper strips, all spices, and salt
- Cook over medium, stirring once a minute or more if necessary for even cooking, about 12 min.
The Sirloin Steak:
- Rub with olive oil
- Heat the grill or sauté pan to a high heat
- Cook the steaks (don’t add salt as this tends to make the meat sweat) according to preference:
- Rare: 1½ minutes each side
- Medium rare: 2 minutes each side
- Medium: 2¼ minutes each side
- Medium-well done: 2½ – 3 minutes each side.
- Add salt, pepper, and top with Fajita Spiced Peppers
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.
For more recipes like this, and meal plans that can be customized just for you, check out the Paleo Recipe Generator