This post is sponsored by the Paleo Recipe Generator, which features over 700 Paleo recipes personalized to meet your unique needs.
A fast lunch or dinner meal, this dish can be served with fried sweet potatoes, or a simple green salad.
Type of dish: Lunch, Dinner
Equipment: Stove top grill or sauté pan
Servings: Serves 2
For the Fajita Spiced Peppers:
- 3 bell peppers of assorted colors, seeded and cored
- 1 ½ TB traditional fat of choice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp cayenne
For the Sirloin Steak:
- two 8 oz sirloin steaks, about 2 ½
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- black pepper
- cilantro leaves for garnish
The Fajita Spiced Peppers:
- Slice the bell peppers into ¼” thick slices
- Heat the fat in a skillet over medium heat
- Add the bell pepper strips, all spices, and salt
- Cook over medium, stirring once a minute or more if necessary for even cooking, about 12 min.
The Sirloin Steak:
- Rub with olive oil
- Heat the grill or sauté pan to a high heat
- Cook the steaks (don’t add salt as this tends to make the meat sweat) according to preference:
- Rare: 1½ minutes each side
- Medium rare: 2 minutes each side
- Medium: 2¼ minutes each side
- Medium-well done: 2½ – 3 minutes each side.
- Add salt, pepper, and top with Fajita Spiced Peppers
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.
For more recipes like this, and meal plans that can be customized just for you, check out the Paleo Recipe Generator
Like what you’ve read? Sign up for FREE updates delivered to your inbox.I hate spam too. Your email is safe with me.