This post is sponsored by the Paleo Recipe Generator, which features over 700 Paleo recipes personalized to meet your unique needs.
Type of dish: Lunch, Snack
Equipment: Large Skillet
- 6 bacon rashers
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1 cup romaine lettuce leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1 small vidalia onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 TB lard
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 TB Paleo mayonnaise
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat skillet to medium and add lard to melt.
- Add bacon rashers and fry until crisp, then remove, place on paper towels to remove excess fat and then chop.
- Reduce heat to low, add portobello mushrooms stemmed side down and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Let cool, arrange chopped bacon, tomato, romaine, onion and mayonnaise on top of one mushroom.
- Top with second mushroom.
For more recipes like this, and meal plans that can be customized just for you, check out the Paleo Recipe Generator.