This sandwich is an interesting alternative to the much missed traditional BLT sandwich.
This post is sponsored by the Paleo Recipe Generator, which features over 700 Paleo recipes personalized to meet your unique needs.
Type of dish: Lunch, Snack
Equipment: Large Skillet
- 6 bacon rashers
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1 cup romaine lettuce leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1 small vidalia onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 TB lard
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 TB Paleo mayonnaise
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat skillet to medium and add lard to melt.
- Add bacon rashers and fry until crisp, then remove, place on paper towels to remove excess fat and then chop.
- Reduce heat to low, add portobello mushrooms stemmed side down and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Let cool, arrange chopped bacon, tomato, romaine, onion and mayonnaise on top of one mushroom.
- Top with second mushroom.
For more recipes like this, and meal plans that can be customized just for you, check out the Paleo Recipe Generator.