Type of dish: Breakfast, Lunch
Equipment: Heavy bottomed skillet
Servings: Serves 2
- 6 eggs
- 4 tsp fresh chives, chopped
- white pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 slices of bacon
- 4 tsp lard
- 4 large Portabella mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
- 1 TB fresh parsley, roughly chopped for garnish
- In a mixing bowl beat the eggs until frothy.
- Add chives, salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tsp of lard in a skillet over a medium heat, add bacon slices and sauté until crisp.
- Remove bacon, chop finely, add to the egg mixture and set aside.
- In the same skillet sauté the mushroom caps at medium-low heat, bottom side up until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove and keep warm. In a sauce pan heat remain 2 tsp of lard, add the egg mix and cook at a very low heat, stirring gently from time to time, about 5 minutes.
- Fill the mushroom caps with the scrambled eggs and serve on two plates, garnished with parsley.