Type of dish: Breakfast, Lunch, Side Dish
Oven Temp: 450°F (230°C/Gas 8)
Equipment: Roasting Pan
- 6 slices Italian style Pancetta bacon, cut in strips
- 1½ TB lard
- 3 large celery roots (celeriac), peeled and cut in 2 inch cubes
- 2 medium sized rutabaga, peeled and cut in 2 inch cubes
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut in 2 inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut in quarters
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 TB fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven.
- Arrange Pancetta strips in roasting pan and roast until crisp (5 to 8 minutes).
- Remove strips from pan and set aside.
- Melt lard in pan, add all vegetables, thyme, salt, pepper, and toss to coat vegetables.
- Place in oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- The vegetables should be well cooked but not mushy.
- Add Pancetta (crumbled), fresh parsley and serve.