Type of dish: Lunch, Soup
Equipment: Soup Pot
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 2 to 3 stalks lemongrass
- 2 inch piece of galangal root, or substitute ginger root, cut into 8 to 10 rounds the size and shape of quarters (or silver dollars)–Galangal root can be found frozen in Asian grocery stores or in dried form (Thai Kitchen brand)
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, if you can find them, ripped into four pieces each
- 2 uncooked chicken breasts, or alternately, 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 to 2 cups thinly sliced shiitake or oyster mushrooms (or any other mushrooms)
- 1 TB fish sauce
- 1 lime
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (for FODMAPs use green section only)
- 1 TB chopped cilantro leaves
- optional: 2 or more Thai bird chilies or other chili of choice, stem removed and lightly crushed (omit for autoimmune)
- Bring the stock to a boil, skim off any foam that rises to the top and add all ingredients, except the fish sauce, cilantro, and green onion.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, and fish sauce. Ladle into soup bowls or mugs, and garnish with cilantro and green onions.
Better supplementation. Fewer supplements.
Close the nutrient gap to feel and perform your best.
A daily stack of supplements designed to meet your most critical needs.