Type of dish: Lunch, Dinner, Leftovers
Equipment: Medium Sized Soup Pot
- 1 TB traditional fat of choice
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large chicken breasts, skinless and boneless, cooked and coarsely chopped
- ¼ tsp powdered sage
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp sea salt to taste
- white pepper to taste
- ½ to 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Heat fat in a soup pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and cook while stirring for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in minced garlic, and allow to cook for 1 minute more.
- Add in stock, chopped chicken, sage, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Stir until soup is heated through, stir in coconut milk and serve.