This post is sponsored by the Meal Plan Generator, which features over 600 Paleo recipes personalized to meet your unique needs.
Many people think that “Provençale” involves tomatoes, basil, thyme and other herbs. There is also a very simple and quick recipe by the same name which is made with a lot of garlic, parsley and extra virgin olive oil. Definitely a dish for garlic lovers!
Equipment: Sauté pan
Servings: Serves 2
- 1 lb ground beef, preferably grass fed
- 1 TB lard
- ½ lb mushrooms, white, cremini or both, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 TB extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- black pepper, coarsely ground
- 4 TB parsley, chopped + 2 tsp for garnish
- Shape 2 hamburger patties from the ground beef.
- Heat the lard to a medium temp., add the hamburgers, and sauté 5 min on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms, salt, pepper, and cook until browned. While cooking, pour over the lemon juice.
- Add garlic, parsley and cook for 3 min.
- Return hamburgers and olive oil to pan to heat through.
- Serve the hamburgers topped with the cooked mushrooms and garnished with parsley.
- Note: This dish can be served with Sweet Potato Fries (see recipe in Side Dishes).
For more recipes like this, and meal plans that can be customized just for you, check out the Meal Plan Generator.