Many people think that “Provençale” involves tomatoes, basil, thyme and other herbs. There is also a very simple and quick recipe by the same name which is made with a lot of garlic, parsley and extra virgin olive oil. Definitely a dish for garlic lovers!
Equipment: Sauté pan
Servings: Serves 2
- 1 lb ground beef, preferably grass fed
- 1 TB lard
- ½ lb mushrooms, white, cremini or both, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 TB extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- black pepper, coarsely ground
- 4 TB parsley, chopped + 2 tsp for garnish
- Shape 2 hamburger patties from the ground beef.
- Heat the lard to a medium temp., add the hamburgers, and sauté 5 min on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms, salt, pepper, and cook until browned. While cooking, pour over the lemon juice.
- Add garlic, parsley and cook for 3 min.
- Return hamburgers and olive oil to pan to heat through.
- Serve the hamburgers topped with the cooked mushrooms and garnished with parsley.
- Note: This dish can be served with Sweet Potato Fries (see recipe in Side Dishes).