Today, millions—if not billions—of people around the world are suffering from what I call “chronic unwellness.” They may not be seriously ill, but they never feel completely well.
- Bloating, gas, constipation or diarrhea, and other uncomfortable digestive issues
- Sugar cravings and blood sugar swings throughout the day
- Difficulty losing weight, no matter what you try
- A hard time falling asleep, not sleeping soundly, and waking up tired
- Afternoon ‘crashes’ making every day a little harder than it should be
- Chronic stress making you less productive and more distracted
- Embarrassing and/or painful skin breakouts
These symptoms are so common in our society that they’ve come to seem normal. But they’re not normal; they’re the “canaries in the coal mine,” signs that our bodies are malfunctioning and our health is moving in the wrong direction.
Find out why “chronic unwellness” is more serious than you might think—and what to do about it.
What’s more, as I’m sure you’ve noticed, these symptoms don’t tend to go away on their own. In fact, they get worse rather than better over time. Why? Because symptoms are the ultimate expression of underlying disease processes. They don’t exist on their own or come out of nowhere; they are the outward, noticeable signs of dysfunction in our bodies.
These symptoms are robbing you of your joy and making every day more difficult. But, more than that, here’s why you really should pay attention to these “warning lights” on your “dashboard:
- Carrying extra weight. Two-thirds of Americans are now overweight, and one-third are obese. This is a huge problem, because a recent study found that excess weight accounts for 1 in 3 deaths among middle-aged and elderly adults.
- Poor quality—and not enough—sleep. Disrupted sleep is a clear sign of physical and/or psychological/emotional distress. In addition, people who sleep fewer than 7 hours a night have a higher risk of death and greater prevalence of obesity then those who sleep 7–8 hours a night.
- Chronic stress, anxiety, depression, or brain fog. Our brain is arguably the most important organ in our body. If it’s not functioning well, nothing else will either. We now know that cognitive and mood disorders are often caused (at least in part) by underlying inflammatory conditions, and chronic stress can itself trigger inflammation.
- Skin breakouts. The majority of skin conditions are inflammatory, so if you struggle with skin breakouts, there’s a good chance you’re dealing with underlying inflammation.
- Chronic pain. If you’re constantly feeling aches in your muscles or joints, that’s also a sure sign of an underlying inflammatory process.
- Digestive problems. I’m sure you know by now how important gut health is to overall health. While many people may simply accept gas, bloating, constipation and loose stool as “normal,” the fact is these symptoms are signs of deeper problems that can lead to everything from inflammation, to autoimmune disease, to heart disease.
- Fatigue, low libido, loss of mojo. Do you have a hard time waking up? Do you crash in the afternoons? Do you find yourself struggling to get through the day? Are your sex drive and “mojo” distant memories? So many people accept this as a normal part of aging, but in truth it’s yet another indicator that something is wrong.
If you’re experiencing two or more symptoms on this list, that’s a sign that there’s a problem that needs to be addressed. If you had two warning lights on your car dashboard, you probably wouldn’t just stick duct tape over them and hope for the best, would you? Yet that’s often what many of us do when it comes to our own “warning lights.” Not a good idea!
The good news is that, in many cases, these symptoms of chronic unwellness can be successfully addressed with some simple (but not always easy!) diet and lifestyle changes.
14Four: The Solution to “Chronic Unwellness”
As many of you know, I suffered from a debilitating chronic illness for over a decade. During that time I saw over thirty doctors on three continents and more alternative medicine specialists than I can count, took numerous medications, and spent thousands of dollars on supplements.
I’ve seen a similar phenomenon through my work with patients. Although I do work with patients who are typically quite ill, in many cases it is focusing on these basics that yields the best results.
This is why I’m excited to introduce 14Four. It’s a new program designed to help you “reboot” 4 key areas of your life in 14 days:
- Diet: reboot your diet with nutrient-dense, anti-inflammatory foods that deeply nourish your body
- Movement: reboot your energy levels with exercise techniques that don’t require any special equipment or a gym membership
- Stress management: reboot your brain with simple yet effective techniques for managing stress and increasing resilience
- Sleep: reboot your sleep with easy-to-follow tips for improving both your sleep duration and quality
What Makes 14Four Different Than Other Diet Programs?
- It’s not just about food. As you noticed, 14Four helps you to reboot your movement, stress management, and sleep, in addition to your diet. In my work with patients, and in my own experience, I’ve learned that addressing these other factors is just as important (and in some cases more important) than addressing diet.
- It emphasizes preparation. 90% of success is preparation. Many diet challenge programs throw you into the deep end of the pool without any of the preparatory steps that are critical to successful change. 14Four includes a 2-week “on-ramp” phase designed to ease your transition and improve your results.
- It’s an all-in-one solution. All you have to do is follow along. There are no decisions to make, there’s nothing to figure out. We tell you exactly what to do and give you everything you need to make it happen, from delicious daily meal plans and recipes, to workouts of the day (based on your fitness level), to exercise video demos, to guided stress management audios and videos.
But don’t let its simplicity deceive you: it works incredibly well, and you just might feel like a miracle did happen after you finish the program. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best ones.
Who Would Benefit from the 14Four?
14Four is a great choice if:
- You’ve got a lot of nagging symptoms and problems, but don’t know where to start. 14Four focuses on the four key areas that restore health and reverse disease: diet, physical activity, stress management and sleep.
- You’re suffering from a chronic illness, and want to heal it naturally. Conventional medicine is great with trauma and catastrophic care, but lousy when it comes to preventing and reversing chronic illness. 14Four will empower you with the knowledge and tools you need to take care of your own health, naturally.
- You want to transition to a Paleo diet and lifestyle, but could use some extra help. 14Four gives you all of the resources, tools, and support to be successful.
- You feel like you could use a tune-up. Let’s face it, with the craziness of modern life it’s easy to fall off the wagon with diet, sleep, stress management, or physical activity. We all know these things are important, but practicing them daily is another story. 14Four can help you get back on track and feeling your best. (I plan to do one myself once every quarter, at the beginning of the summer, fall, winter, and spring.)
- You want to maximize your performance and prevent disease before it starts. Maybe you’re feeling pretty good overall, but you want to take your health and performance to the next level—and do everything you can to maintain your good health and extend your lifespan. 14Four is a great choice for accomplishing these goals because it focuses on the diet and lifestyle factors we know are most important to performance and long-term health.
Special Offer: Get Free Bonuses If You Join in the Next 3 Days
If you sign up for 14Four before Saturday, October 25 at midnight, you’ll qualify for the following free bonuses:
- Membership in the “14Four Founders Group”, which gives you exclusive access to four weekly Q&A webinars with me starting next week. I’ll answer your questions as you move through the program.
- A discounted price of $37. The price will go up when this offer expires.
- 10 entries into the raffle (described below)
The raffle will feature the following prizes:
- One 16 GB iPad Mini with Retina Display
- One Magic Bullet NutriBullet Pro 9000
- Three $200 gift certificates to US Wellness Meats
- Twenty signed copies of my book, Your Personal Paleo Code (published in paperback as The Paleo Cure in December 2014)
If you’re not ready to sign up for 14Four, you can still participate in the raffle by Tweeting about 14Four or following me on Facebook. Posting on Twitter will earn you three entries and following me on Facebook will get you one entry.
Better supplementation. Fewer supplements.
Close the nutrient gap to feel and perform your best.
A daily stack of supplements designed to meet your most critical needs.