Type of dish: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Leftovers
Oven Temp: 350°F (180°C/Gas 4)
Equipment: Roasting Pan, Sauté Pan
- 2 to 3 lb butternut squash, cut in half, pith and seeds removed
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp sea salt
- ground pepper to taste
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 TB fresh chives, chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven.
- Place squash cut side down in a roasting pan in a ½ inch water and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, on a medium heat sauté bacon, onion and mushrooms for 8 minutes.
- Add beef and remaining ingredients (except chives) and continue to cook for 15 minutes and then let cool.
- Scoop most of the pulp from the squash and add to beef mix.
- Fill squash halves with mix, return to oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve garnished with fresh chives.
Better supplementation. Fewer supplements.
Close the nutrient gap to feel and perform your best.
A daily stack of supplements designed to meet your most critical needs.
Wow …Nice recipe .I always searching this type of recipes .
I’m not sure where to post this but I am looking for some nutritional counseling/coaching help. I thought Chris did this at his clinic. Could someone please contact me so I can make an appointment?
Nutritional counseling is not a standalone service offered through Chris’s clinic, the California Center for Functional Medicine. You can learn more about how they work with patients here:
Nice. Even the takeout chefs in the crowd can do this one 🙂
great menu for those watching their weight .